Last year I was priveleged to deploy (my first one) to Incirlik AB, Turkey (South Turkey by the mediterranean). While I was there, I was able to enjoy the scenery and historic sites including a day trip to Cappadocia. On the trip we stopped by a jewelry store, watched them carve raw stones and make them into pieces of art. I splurged on jewelry, I bought around $500 on three pieces and I love each and every one of them, especially when the bracelet itself cost what I paid for all three. So I bought a bracelet, a turquoise pendant and a black onyx ring, they are all certified too.
I love Jewelry, but I never seem to take care of it or I lose one earring of the pair etcetera. But I've noticed the things that people buy me that have sentimental value I take better care or funny in the past my sticky finger pieces were always my favorite (no longer a good thing!). I have some phenomenal pieces from April of this year that were of my grandmother Vi's passing. I have a pair of pearl earrings my parents gave me that I love, diamond studs that someone gave me on valentines day and my black onyx ring (those are the pieces that mean most to me at this point).
Well, my ring is missing - gone! I am soooo upset and dissapointed. It has become loose on my finger, so when I come into work I place it to the side of the keyboard - last I remember I was getting in bed and first thought was I left it by the computer! It's gone, I probably won't see it again but I atleast sent an email out to our squadron and created a bulletin board for the base in case it's made it's way out of the office or around.
Ironic, just that day or the day before, one of my sites I visit daily (Ideeli.com and Hautelook.com) had black onyx rings on sale - I was contemplating two of them and figured I didn't need another onyx on my hand and nothing is as good as what I did(still missing) have. Now that I have looked around on the internet including Etsy.com - it was truly unique and very very well designed and even more valuable hopefully when it's back on my finger.
While I was looking at sites, I came across a few sites that give meaning to the black onyx (http://crystal-cure.com/onyx-gem.html). Black onyx is a capricorn stone and is known to separate. It can help release negative emotions such as sorrow and grief. It is used to end unhappy or bothersome relationships, and guards against negativity that is directed at you. Black stones have protective energies in the sense that black is the absence of light, and therefore, can be used to create invisibility. Fortifies self confidence and responsibility, Sharpens your senses and Encourages a healthy egotism.
I laugh to myself now, because I started wearing it immediately when I received it and above it notes to end unhappy or bothersome relationships...maybe it even had an impact on my last relationship - which I wouldn't mind because it wasn't for me anyways. Anyways, I look forward to finding my ring or at least purchasing another unique onyx ring in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment